100.1 WJRZ and Lucky’s Bed and Biscuit are looking for Jersey’s Cutest Pet! Submit the CUTEST picture of your pet below to get in the running. We want to see your dog ,cat, hamster, rabbit…. If they’re cute, they’re eligible!
Prizes for Jersey’s Cutest Pet:
- $500 for services at Lucky’s Bed and Biscuit
- Recliner treated with Guardsman (upholstery protection) from Michael’s Furniture in Brick
- Gift basket and $100 towards services at Ocean County Veterinary Hospital
- A backyard boom box courtesy of Clayton Masonry Center
Here is the Cutest Pet 2017 timeline:
Get Your Entries in:
April 10th 9am to April 21st 12pm: submissions
***Please remember that you can only enter 1 pet per email. Pictures with multiple pets will not be approved for submission.***
1st Round Voting Begins:
April 24th to April 28th 12pm
Top 10 Pets Will Be Revealed and 2nd Round Voting Begins:
May 1st at 9am to May 5th at 12pm
Top 5 Finalists Will be Announced and Voting for #1 Cutest Pet Begins:
May 8th at 9am to May 12th at 12pm
Grand Prize Winner Will be Announced at Bark in the Park
Saturday, May 13th
CLICK HERE for the contest rules.
Have questions about the contests? Having an issue submitting your pet? Click here to email 100.1 WJRZ’s Interactive Department.
Cutest Pet 2017
These rules apply to the Cutest Pet contest (“Contest”) being conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WJRZ (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website may apply to this contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAYa. The Contest will begin on April 10, 2017 and end at 12pm on May 12, 2017 at 12pm.b. To participate in the contest, Enter at www.WJRZ.com during April 10, 2017 at 9am to April 21, 2017 at 12:00pm. You must be a member of the WJRZ Listener Club to enter online. To become a member, visit www.WJRZ.com and follow the instructions on the WJRZ Listener Club registration page. Membership is free. Once you become a WJRZ Listener Club member, click on the Cutest Pet Contest link on www.WJRZ.com. Complete and submit the online entry form with your first and last name, hometown, contact information, and a picture of your pet along with your pet’s name. All pictures must be submitted in digital form in JPEG or GIF format (minimum 300 pixels wide and sized less than 5 MB) at www.wjrz.com (no hard copies or emails will be accepted). Only one pet entry per person.
Entries must be received by 12pm (ET) on April 21, 2017.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONSa. Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in Station’s terrestrial listening area. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.b. Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Ocean/Monmouth County, NJ metropolitan survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio) and the members of their immediate families and households are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”c. Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more only once every 12 months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. The winner will receive: a $500 Gift Certificate to Lucky’s Bed and Biscuit: 508 East Bay Ave, Manahawkin, NJ 08050 valued at $500, A basket and $100 to Ocean County Veterinary Hospital: 838 River Ave, Lakewood, NJ 08701 valued at $200, a backyard boom box courtesy of Clayton Masonry Centers valued at $250, a recliner treated with Guardsman from Michael’s Furniture, 214 Brick Blvd in Brick NJ, Valued at $250. Total Retail Value: $1,200.b.Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 1001 Beach Ave in Manahawkin, NJ 08050 Monday-Friday, during regular business hours and excluding holidays. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within 5 days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.c. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.d. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.e. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash, except in the sole discretion of Station or the prize provider.
- SELECTION OF WINNERSa. Voting
- Beginning on or about 9am on April 24, 2017 until 12:00pm ET on April 28, 2017 (Round 1), all eligible submitted photos will be posted online at www.Wjrz.com. During Round 1, listeners will be able to vote for one pet. At the conclusion of Round 1, up to ten (10) photos (the Round 1 finalists) will be selected by WJRZ-FM, in its sole and absolute discretion, to advance to Round 2, as defined below. WJRZ-FM will take the votes into account when selecting the Round 1 finalists, but the votes may not be determinative. Each person may cast a maximum of one vote per day per photo during the Round 1 voting period.
- Beginning on or about 9am on May 1, 2017 until 12 noon ET on May 5, 2017 (Round 2), the top 10 photos of the Round 1 finalists will be posted online at www.Wjrz.com. During Round 2, listeners will be able to vote for one pet. At the conclusion of Round 2, up to five (5) photos (the Round 2 finalists) will be selected by WJRZ-FM, in its sole and absolute discretion, to advance to Round 3, as defined below. WJRZ-FM will take the voting into account when selecting the winner, but the voting may not be determinative. Each person may cast a maximum of one vote per day per photo, during the Round 2 voting period.
- Beginning on or about 9am on May 8, 2017 until 12 noon ET on May 12, 2017 (Round 3), the photos of the Round 2 finalists will be posted online at www.Wjrz.com. During Round 3, listeners will be able to vote for up to one Pet. At the conclusion of Round 3, one (1) photo will be selected by WJRZ-FM, in its sole and absolute discretion, as the Grand Prize winner. WJRZ-FM will take the voting into account when selecting the winner, but the voting may not be determinative. Each person may cast a maximum of one vote every 24 hours during the Round 3 voting period.
- The winner of the Cutest Pet contest will be announced on May 13, 2017 between 12:00pm and 4:00pm at 100.1 WJRZ’s Bark In The Park, located at FirstEnergy Park, 2 Stadium Way, Lakewood, NJ 08701. The winner does not need to be present to win. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- CONDITIONSa. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.b. Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of receiving a prize.c. By participating in the Contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any medium, without additional financial or other compensation.d. By participating in the contest, each participant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.e. Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release as instructed by the Station or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection in the Station’s sole discretion. Pursuant to the liability release, winners agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. If any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) refuses to sign any required release, any and all prizes will be forfeited.f. The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.g. The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.h. Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.i. The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and publication at www.WJRZ.com.j. The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.k. The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
l. Prizes are awarded “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no guarantees or warranties as to use, safety, or performance. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
m. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); or (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
n. By participating in this Contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
p. Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
q. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
s. Copies of the written Contest rules and, if required by applicable law, a list of all winners are available for 60 days after the Contest concludes, during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 1001 Beach Ave in Manahawkin, NJ 08050 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
t. For register-to-win contests, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
For contests with online entry submission:
a. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
b. Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
c. The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
d. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
e. To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form, as well as any other required information. Limit one Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
f. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
For contests involving online VOTING:
a. The use of automatic voting program(s) and/or website(s), or any fraud or other illegal or inappropriate conduct on the part of a contestant or on a contestant’s behalf, is prohibited and may result in the contestant's disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won, as well as nullifying all votes from these programs/websites. Penalty will be determined in the sole decision of the judge(s).
For entries that include submitting a photo(s):
a. Nudity is not permitted in photo entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
b. Each contestant’s photo entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo which grants the Station the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the photo on Station’s website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo entry.