100.1 WJRZ's Spring Fever Party- 2017 Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to the Spring Fever Party contest (“Contest”) being conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WJRZ (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website may apply to this contest.
1. HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The Contest will begin on March 6, 2017 and end at 6pm on March 31, 2017.
- To participate in the contest, listeners will be prompted to call when they hear the specific “Sounds of Spring” sounder during the hours of 8am, 2pm and 5pm and the weekend of March 18-19, 2017. The 10th caller to 732-505-1001 when the specific “Sound of Spring” sounder airs during one of the designated hours will win a 4-pack of passes to 100.1 WJRZ’s Spring Fever Party on April 1, 2017 at 8pm at Martell’s Tiki Bar, 308 Boardwalk, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742 and qualify for the grand prize drawing. Seventy (70) qualifiers will be selected through this method.
- Listener Club members can also enter for a chance to win online on the Spring Fever Party page at www.WJRZ.com. Ten (10) qualifiers will be selected through this method.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in Ocean or Monmouth County in New Jersey or Station’s terrestrial listening area. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Monmouth/Ocean County New Jersey metropolitan survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio) and the members of their immediate families and households are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
- Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more only once every 365 days. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
- 80 qualifying prizes will be awarded: 4-pack of passes to 100.1 WJRZ’s Spring Fever Party on April 1, 2017 at 8pm at Martell’s Tiki Bar, 308 Boardwalk, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742 Total Retail Value: $0
- One grand prize will be awarded: an all-inclusive trip for two (2) for four (4) nights to Grand Palladium White Sand Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico, consisting of roundtrip coach airfare for two on the Apple Vacations' charter and four (4) nights’ hotel accommodations for 2 people (1 room). All meals and drinks in resort hotel are also included. Trips must be completed by December 10, 2017. Peak travel dates are not available, and other blackout dates may apply. Trips must be booked within 30 days of departure, are subject to availability, and cannot be booked for travel on holidays and peak travel dates (5 days before and 3 days after a holiday). Trips cannot be extended beyond expiration date. Mandatory U.S. and foreign departure taxes (approximately $350-$415 per person, subject to change), airport and baggage fees, and trip insurance are NOT included in the prize, and must be paid by the winners prior to travel. Winners are also responsible for any other expenses not listed as included in the prize, including (without limitation) ground transportation, airport parking, excursions, food/beverage outside the resort, and other incidental expenses. Valid credit card may be required at hotel check-in to cover non-included expenses. Winner’s guest must be 21+. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and must each possess valid passport for international travel. Total ARV of each prize: $2,500 each.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 1001 Beach Ave Manahawkin, NJ 08050, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours and excluding holidays. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within 5 days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash, except in the sole discretion of Station or the prize provider.
4. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER
- April 1, 2017 before midnight at 100.1 WJRZ’s Spring Fever Party on April 1, 2017 at Martell’s Tiki Bar, 308 Boardwalk, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742
- Winner will be selected at random by all the qualifiers who attend the party. You must be present to win.
- Winner must be present to win. If any potential winner is not present at the time of the drawing, an alternate winner will be selected.
- The odds of winning the grand depend on many qualifiers attend the event.
- WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of receiving a prize.
- By participating in the Contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any medium, without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, each participant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release as instructed by the Station or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection in the Station’s sole discretion. Pursuant to the liability release, winners agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. If any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) refuses to sign any required release, any and all prizes will be forfeited.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and publication at www.WJRZ.com
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no guarantees or warranties as to use, safety, or performance. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); or (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this Contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and, if required by applicable law, a list of all winners are available for 60 days after the Contest concludes, during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 1001 Beach Ave Manahawkin, NJ 08050, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- For register-to-win contests, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
For contests with entries by phone:
- The Station is not responsible for telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing a Contest-related call. Caller qualification is subject to FULL phone call completion, and the verification of the caller’s name, address, home phone number, and work/cell phone number, all of which must be provided prior to completion of the call. If a potential winning caller is disconnected for any reason prior to completion of the call, s/he will be disqualified and the next caller taken will be deemed the potential winner. Contest calls will not be accepted at any number other than the advertised Contest number. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
For contests with online entry submission:
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form, as well as any other required information. Limit one Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.